Sunday 17 September 2017

Craft Barn Twelve Month Challenge : September

Time for my entry for the Craft Barn Twelve Month Challenge. The September verse is;

Warm September brings the fruit
Sportsmen then begin to shoot

Fruit stamps seem to be in short supply at my house but I have some pears so I thought I would use those for the background with a little country scene as the focal image. I have a Dreamweaver stencil of a pear. A bit of masking, inking and stamping with distress ink and I got my focal image. I masked it out with masking tissue and then stamped the pears and leaves on the background using archival ink and coloured the pears with a distress marker.


Silhouette stamps used were by Hobbyart CS083D Farmhouse Scene-it.
The pears in the background - unknown.
Stencil - Dreamweaver 
Archival inks : Leaf green and potting soil
Distress inks : Shabby Shutters, Tumbled Glass, Milled Lavender, Dusty Concorde

Happy Weekend everybody x

11 comments:

  1. Great idea to use pears for the background and I love the little scene you've created. Elaine x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like this - the little scenescape looks just wonderful in its pear-shaped frame, and the variety in the background pear decorations is great fun. Lovely!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a brilliant idea to put your main image inside a pear and to use your pear stamps in the background. It reminds me that I have some pear stamps I haven't used in a while.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the whole pear concept, perfect little scene too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it! Brilliant idea to use the pear stencil. As you can tell I've used a lot of HobbyArt stamps throughout the challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a great page, a super scene in your pear x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super idea! Great page! Thank you for entering the Craft Barn Twelve Month Challenge xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your page. Brilliant idea to put the country scene within the pear.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great page, I love the assortment of pears! xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a super page Julia xx I love the way you have used the fruit shapes...quite genius xx

    TFS and best wishes Annie xx Your newest follower xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your comments Annie and for becoming a follower, I really appreciate that. xx

      Delete