Monday 30 January 2017

PaperArtsy Pink and Orange Challenge

Having spent most of January drooling over the spectacular new releases from PaperArtsy and purchasing a couple of the new stamp plates I decided I should get busy and use them.  The inspiration posted by Darcy for Topic #1 : Pink and Orange was fantastic, I could easily have been inspired by several of those ideas. I chose the fabric picture with sequins, the colours reminded me of sari fabrics which are typically hot colours with gold accents.

I have made a small canvas for my entry. My plan was to have pink and orange stripes in the background with sequins dotted around and then use my new Tracy Scott stamp set for the focal image. Here it is.


Fresco Chalk Paints :
Bougainvillea, Smoked Paprika, Pumpkin Soup, Rose, Old Gold.
(ooh - Bougainvillea blends so well with that Smoked Paprika paint, rather pleased with the result on the flower)

Stamps :
Eclectica ETS08 by Tracy Scott.
I painted some white card and then stamped the flower, cut it out and stuck it on the canvas. Same idea for the centre of the flower which was old gold on top of pumpkin soup.

Archival Ink:
Jet Black and Monarch Orange

Finished off with some sequins, gold flake and bit of gold sparkle pen on the stem.

Hope you all have a good week and thank you for visiting. x



8 comments:

  1. Julia, thanks for stopping by my blog a few days ago. I appreciate it. It was thoughtful of you.

    I see you are still stamping perfect images. This is one of my favorite color combinations, and I simply adore your touch of summer you brought into the spreadl

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the way that the stripes complement the flower Julia! X

    ReplyDelete
  3. The stripes give it a fresh finish.

    Catherine x

    ReplyDelete
  4. The stripes give it a fresh finish.

    Catherine x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely vibrant colours, and the flower looks great against the stripes. Love those touches of light from the sequins too.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete