Sunday 31 January 2016

Tea Break Craft Classes

I had planned a lazy Sunday today. I watched a couple of Eileen Godwin's youtube videos this morning which prompted me to head to my craft room for a bit of a play. The ironing will have to wait, who cares when there are interesting things to do.
Whilst the technique was fresh in my mind, I made two panels and mounted them on cards. I made two as I was pretty sure I would mess at least one of them up but I am quite pleased with both results.

The video is here if you want a watch, short enough to watch during a tea break:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ktNf5vqqLY


Stencils used : Paperartsy - JOFY PS009 and Tim Holtz - Shatter
Stamp : bubbles from JOFY 09
Distress Inks : Picked Rasberry, Peacock Feathers and Wild Honey with Black Soot to finish
White pen, gold gel pen and sequins to embellish (note: those larger sequins are silver, they look black in the photo).

This was good fun to do and great practice for layering.
Thanks to Eileen for the inspiration today.

4 comments:

  1. These are both stunning cards, Julia. I have so few stencils, I will probably never make anything this lovely. But I really LOVE the way you used the stencils. Even the sequins held my attention. Really gorgeous entries you can truly be proud of.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning. Love the effect. Have a great week Julia.
    Flo x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I watched that video only a few days ago! No creating like that for me at the moment....wrong type of supplies!

    Sally xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are really lovely - the white flower petals really pop against the bold colours. What a nice way to spend your Sunday!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete