Tuesday 17 February 2015

Romance

I am feeling rather proud to have been recognised as Runner Up in the Artful Times Challenge for my Recycled Christmas card and it reminded me to try much harder to enter these challenges more regularly.

The Challenge 74 is Romance, not unsurprising as it is February. I actually completed this project on the 14th day of Feb and here it is :



Materials used :
MDF heart covered in paper from Tim holtz Menagerie paper stash.
PaperArtsy Fresco Finish paint : Nougat
Tim Holtz mini die : Cupid and heart
InkyDoodles clear stamp sentiment stamped and embossed in black.

I wanted to get a shabby effect on this so dry brushed around the edges of the heart and the die cut images. I used Ranger Glue N' Seal to stick the paper and die cuts on the heart and highly recommend it, best glue I have found for this type of work with a nice matt finish.




6 comments:

  1. There really had to be a reason that everyone raves about Glue 'N Seal and isn't it nice to be in on it! I've only got the little pot but plan getting my hands on a larger one soon :-)

    Very nice little heart hanger, I love the sentiment stamp.

    Sally

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous heart! Perfect sentiment too. I must try the glue n seal - thank you for the tip!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thats lovely - really cute! And WELL DONE you should feel proud about AT runner up yours was an awesome entry! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mmm... must give that glue a try. I am hooked on Cosmic Shimmer but always on the lookout for another.
    Love your heart - definitely got the shabby chic look to it.
    Thanks for joining in with us at Artful Times - Hugs, Neet xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely heart, and I agree about the glue 'N seal. Thank you for joining us on Artful Times.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on your Artful Times place - and a lovely Valentine make here - the papers in the background look great with that little dusting of Nougat.
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete