Saturday 23 August 2014

Artful Times Challenge 62 - Sewing

The first set of Tim Holtz stamps that I ever purchased was Haberdashery so it was nice to revisit that set for the Artful Times challenge this fortnight. I decided to make a tag for my entry. Everything used on the tag with the exception of the word Couture uses Tim Holtz Ranger products. The word stamp was a silicon clear stamp, see the difference in sharpness when using exactly the same dye ink. I have to say, the red rubber is far far superior.


The background was made using distress stains : squeezed lemonade, pumice stone and antique linen, spritzed with water and dried with a heat gun. I then edged the tag with vintage photo distress ink.
Using pumice stone DI, I used the "Measured" stencil and then stamped the images in black archival ink and Red Pepper Adirondack dye ink.
The Tim Holtz Sizzix On the Edge die : Sewing was used to cut the embellishment for the bottom of the tag. This was coloured with distress stains and distress ink and glossy accents added to the scissors. I added three red buttons to finish off and the stitched ribbon.

Not wanting to waste any of the stain and ink I had left on my craft mat, I made a matching ATC.


This was fun.
Have a great bank holiday weekend wherever you are.

6 comments:

  1. I saw some great linen clothing on the market....this reminds me of my intention to get the sewing machine out now that I've returned home :-)

    Sally

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant tag - the colours are stunning - I too love that stamp set - how clever to make an atc with the leftovers

    I;ve just blogged mine if you have time to take a look

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two great pieces, I had forgotten I have those stamps! lovely colours and I love the scissors

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely collection of TH supplies here... The tag and ATC are beautiful, very 50s. Thank you for your nice comment on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your tag and matching atc. Great colour combo. I regret not having bought those stamps time and time again. Maybe ...
    Thanks for joining us at Artful Times - Hugs, Neet xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those were some of my first Tim stamps as well. Your tag is lovely. I also agree with you about the clear stamps. Some of Tim's are terrible. Thank you for joining us on Artful Times.

    ReplyDelete