Sunday 26 January 2014

Heart of Glass

The title of this week's post was inspired by the Blondie song which is running around in my head at the moment. The theme for this weeks' Twinchie challenge is GLASS so I wanted to try making something that looked like shattered glass. I decided to use clear shrink plastic.

At first, my idea was to stamp a heart and cut it into pieces but I thought the heart would be too small given that my heart stamp was small to start with. So, I cut up pieces of the shrink plastic and shrunk them with the heat gun and they look like pieces of broken glass.
The stamp is a freebie from Craft Stamper magazine, stamped onto shrink plastic with Galaxy Gold pigment ink and then shrunk. All the pieces were stuck to the black 2 inch square piece of card with Pinflair glue.
I was hoping that the glue would not show when it dried but unfortunately not, maybe glossy accents would have been a better plan. I will enter my twinchie in the challenge anyway, it was after all, an experiment.



3 comments:

  1. Brilliant - wonderful inspiration from a brilliant song... love your shattered glass, and who cares about the glue?!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's excellent! The effects look brilliant exactly as they are!

    ReplyDelete