Wednesday 30 October 2013

Nautical Knots

I really liked the knot that Chrissie used on her card for the Less is More Challenge : Week 143. The challenge is to use string or twine. Following the instructions in her link I made the knot in bakers twine and it looks nautical so I constructed my nautical card around the knot .
For instructions to tie the knot, follow the link on the Less is More Challenge blog.


Ingredients:
Hobby Art Harbour set - Yacht, sea gulls and water stamps
Background for the focal image coloured with pan pastels and promarkers for the Yacht
Bakers twine
Blue and white cardstock
Anchor charm from a bag of charms bought on ebay

My friend's son has a birthday on Friday so this one will be going to him.

3 comments:

  1. Yeay! Managed to get the Internet working again...nearly 20 hours without because the router they replaced was a piece of C...! Could only get on in the same room as said router & then it played up so much that everything kept freezing! Old box now plugged back in & I am able to comment :-D LOVE this little nautical creation Julia, I hope that the recipient does too.

    Sally

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry I'm so late in visiting!
    This is fabulous, well done on that knot, it looks great.
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really lovely - fresh, clean and with that fabulous knotty twine! Thanks so much for your visit today...

    Had a crazy work week on the back of the big house move, so looking forward to some catching up (crafting and sleeping) over the next few days!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete