Saturday 4 May 2013

Lavender and Lace

The May challenge at the Show us Your Twinchies Challenge blog is Lavender and Lace. I was very pleased to be asked to be a guest designer for the challenge this month so go take a look at the blog and check out the design team's great examples. This is the last challenge as the team are saying Goodbye to us so a big Thank You to Zoe, Eileen, Barbara and Sylv for all the inspiration and fun we have had over the past year.

My designs for the Lavender and Lace theme:




The top twinchie uses the glitter and lace technique for the background. Using double sided adhesive paper, lay real lace over the paper and smooth it out. Add glitter, remove the lace and add glitter in a different colour revealing the lace pattern. For my twinchie I added decoupaged stamped images of lace doilies and the woman is from an old stamp set by Rubadubbadoo.

The second twinchie shows stamped lace borders with a flower from an IndigoBlu set. I used blue violet archival ink for the borders and used the same to colour the flowers. The petals and lace border are highlighted with a clear sparkle Sakura pen.

For the third piece I coloured the background with antique linen distress ink and stamped the lavender images with the blue violet archival ink, first, second and third generation stamping. The sentiment is from one of my PaperArtsy JOFY stamp sets and I added a border of real lace to the top of the artwork.

I hope you like them and hope you are inspired to have a go at making one of these miniature pieces of artwork.

Julia x

4 comments:

  1. Busy, busy you is! I keep thinking twinchies & then do nothing about them...but I have now finished my alpha tags so ready when you are!

    Sally

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have finished!! I have just started my alpha tags, I completed R in the week. I have so much catching up to do :-(

      Delete
  2. What gorgeous twinchies these are Julia...they're all lovely but my faves are the 2nd & 3rd. Thank you for being our last guest designer at Show Us Your Twinchies.
    Barbara xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. All three are beautiful... but it's that last one that has absolutely won my heart - gorgeous!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete