Saturday 16 March 2013

Flowers and Frames

The theme for week 111 at Less is More is "Frame it".
Here is my entry for this week's challenge :


The recipe:
Distress inks for the background - iced spruce and broken china, then spritzed with water.
PaperArtsy JOFY stamp JM11 stamped using black archival ink.
The leaves and buds were painted with bleach to remove the colour.
The frame was inked lightly with broken china distress ink and mounted with foam pads. This was not a die, it took an age fiddling to cut the aperture from a die cut topper I found in my stash.

I recommend using Ranger Manila cardstock for the distress ink and bleach technique. I tried the first version on white cardstock but the colours did not blend so well - in the bin!

Happy Saturday, hope you are having fun wherever you are. x 

13 comments:

  1. Bleach is such a fun technique isn't it Julia, this looks awesome!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning card Julia
    Margaret x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love these stamps, I keep eyeing them up at my local store!! The bleach technique looks amazing used with them, this is just so pretty :0)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, you NEED some of these stamps Jenny. They are so versatile, I've used mine so many times already.
      Julia X

      Delete
    2. I agree, you SOOOOOOOOOOOOO need some of these super stamps - I ummed and ahhed before succumbing - they're fab!

      Delete
  4. This is beautifully delicate - love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very beautiful Julia and clever use of the bleach technique

    Love Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glorious card - I got my first JOFY's this week and am loving them too!

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  7. julia this is lovely

    Thanks for joining us this week
    Jen
    "Less Is More"

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. And this is the one that tipped the balance on the following you... utterly lovely! The colours are beautiful, and I'm so going to try the bleach thing - thanks for the tip!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete