Sunday 12 March 2017

Craft Barn Twelve Month Challenge : March

Here is my entry for the Craft Barn Twelve Month challenge for March.

The verse from Sara Coleridge's poem is :
March brings breezes loud and shrill
Stirs the dancing daffodil.

The challenge for this month is mad hares and daffodils. The first thought that popped into my head was the March Hare from Alice in Wonderland, no surprises for me as I am an Alice fan. So, whatever I did, I wanted my March Hare in it.


I didn't really have a plan when I started so I stamped the hare onto white card and coloured him with inktense pencils and cut him out. Since he needed to be somewhere, I created a background with Stampscapes stamps to make a pathway with tufts of grass. To add the daffodils I used an old wooden block stamp from my stash called Three Daffodils by Hero Arts and made them "dance" into the picture along the border.

I have also finished off the cover for my mini book for these pages to live in when I complete the twelve month project, also a motivation to make sure I do finish it. Here is my book cover:


I used a Sizzix Thinlits die by Lori Whitlock to make the pages and the covers plus the little embellishments on the cover. The papers are from my Tim Holtz wildflowers paper pad.

I am having lots of fun with this project and love seeing what everyone else comes up with too, there is so much talent out there. 
Until next time, thank you for dropping by. x




8 comments:

  1. Wow loving your March Hare and I can't believe you've made your covers already!! Well done you. Elaine xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another beautiful page for your book and well done for getting the covers ready too! thank you for joining the Craft Barn Challenge xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. A really beautiful project. I especially love your stampscapes background xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great composition - I'm a big fan of Alice too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the scenery you've created around the marvellous March Hare - charming page. And the cover is just lovely - love those TH papers!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  6. A lovely page. You seem to be enjoying this challenge more than I am at the moment. I have that Lori Whitlock mini book set too. It's a really useful one isn't it? Haven't thought about my covers yet.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fabulous scene! Well done for making the cover already - I still haven't collated and made a cover for the Quotes and Lyrics Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great page, fab hare and I love your book cover! Well done, mine will no doubt be made long after we finish this challenge! xx

    ReplyDelete