Thursday 24 September 2015

When is a Snowflake not a Snowflake?

.... when it's a tree.


I used distress stains, Tumbled Glass, Stormy Sky and Antique Linen on cream card stock and die cut the snowflakes using Tim Holtz Paper Snowflakes dies. The result was a set of snowflakes which I arranged on a background card that was embossed with a Swiss Dots embossing folder to represent snow. I thought the snowflakes looked a bit like pine branches so popped in a crazy bird, added a Merry Christmas and some gems and this is my entry for this week's Craft Barn challenge. The challenge this week is Christmas with snowflakes and snow.


6 comments:

  1. Loooove the robin. Fabulous card Julia. Have a great weekend.
    Hugs Flo xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're not helping with my "no crazy bird resolution" Julia... He looks so good amongst the delicately coloured snowflakes I can't help but want it! Such a beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now there's clever... snowflakes into pine branches - I like it! And I love crazy Father Bird Christmas perched in the middle - he makes a perfect robin!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. The crazy bird robin looks fabulous tucked between the snowflakes. I too, have so far managed to resist buying the bird set but for how much longer after seeing your card?

    ReplyDelete