Sunday 9 June 2013

Lynne Perrella Fan

I've had a busy Sunday, the morning spent catching up on jobs around the house and the afternoon catching up on unfinished projects.
Using one of the new oriental Lynne Perella PaperArtsy stamp plates and one of the new Tando Creative fan kits, this is the result of my playing. I saw similar demo'd last weekend at the Craft Barn by Karen Gist and was itching to have a go.


Materials:
Tando Creative ORIENTFAN2 - using the medium sized fan
Lynne Perrella Collection LPC021
PaperArtsy Fresco finish acrylic paints : Squid ink and pansy
Crafty Individuals crackle background stamp
Ranger Perfect pearls : Gold, Cosmic Shimmer : Marine Aqua
Memento Dew drop dye ink : Elderberry and Brilliance Dew drop pigment ink : Galaxy Gold
Black archival ink and ultra fine embossing powder

The background is painted with pansy fresco finish acrylic paint and stamped with the crackle stamp using purple and gold. The frame is painted with the squid ink arcrylic paint, ooh, lovely colour.
I stamped the oriental lady image three times on white card (well, 4 actually in case I messed up and I did mess up) and heat embossed using the ultra fine embossing powder. Then the images were painted with cosmic shimmer mica pigment and gold perfect pearls. Then the tricky bit, I drew around the part of the images I wanted to use with a pencil using the frame of the fan as a stencil, cut them out and stuck them to the background. I used Pinflair Foto-Glue as its repositionable and this does require a bit of fiddling to get them all lined up as the frame is quite thin and doesn't leave a lot of room for error. 
The frame was stuck on with Mod Podge, I couldn't think what else to use so popped a heavy book on top of it and left it alone for an hour or so. That worked, all stuck firmly together.

I really enjoyed making this and I've another one waiting to be decorated in the pack, a smaller one. I'm thinking it needs some of those flowers in it .... you know the ones I mean.



2 comments:

  1. Lovely colours that you've used, it looks smashing :-)

    Sally

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really lovely! The images work so well with the fan - that demure yet challenging look she has in her eye... perfect for fan-flirtation!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete