Sunday 19 May 2013

Poppy Scene

Wow! It did not rain today after all so I went out for a wander around Borde Hill Gardens, a gem of a place in West Sussex with a particularly nice little art gallery and a great tea room. I just had to share this photo of a poppy I saw today, the blue was stunning.


So on to the artwork. Yesterday I was playing with my Hobby Art Poppy Scene-it set (CS044D). The design for this card isn't entirely my own work as its loosely based on something I saw at The Craft Barn last time I visited. The example I saw had a scene framed with poppies around it so I wanted to have a go at something similar. My scene and poppies are coloured with promarkers and the poppies and leaves cut out and added to the frame. All mounted on red cardstock embossed with a Cuttlebug flower embossing folder.


Having seen the blue poppies today, I think I need to try something in blue.
Hope you are all having a great weekend and a big thank you to all those who comment on my posts, means a lot to me.



2 comments:

  1. Lovely effect with the poppies on the border, I also like the idea of a blue version.

    Sally

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a lovely little watercolour scene on your sweet poppy card - would love to see it in blue too!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete