Saturday 20 October 2012

Night

I have been off work for a few days with the cold bug that has been going around and haven't felt a lot like doing anything at all. Yesterday afternoon, feeling a bit more perky I had a go at a Christmas card using my new Papermania Michael Powell stamp as a bit of colouring in on a Friday is always good for you. Yes, I'm feeling a lot better.

The cue card for week #15 at CASology is Night so I will enter my card in their challenge. I love the examples from the Design Team this week and the variety of entries from all the other artists, great stuff.


The image is stamped with black archival ink on white cardstock, coloured with Tim Holtz distress markers and mounted on a square Kraft card. I added glitter accents to the edges of the roofs, doesn't show in the photograph which is a bit disappointing, maybe a bit too subtle. I finally added coloured mini pearls (Doodlebug design inc. Christmas Assortment) for the lights. 
I hope you like this one.

7 comments:

  1. What a fantastic, fun image - I love how you've 'dressed it up' with the mini pearls as Christmas ornaments! Thanks so much for playing along with CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome image and great coloring :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. A super sweet little scene and I love the gems and touches of glitter! Thanks for playing along with CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super fun image Julia, I love the pearls strung across the houses. Thank you so much for joining us this week at CASology!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card ~ LOVE the Christmas lights!

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a sweet little scene! love the little pearls... so perfect as little lights! thanks for playing along with CASology!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Many thanks for all the comments!

    ReplyDelete