Saturday 22 September 2012

White on White

I have tried a couple of attempts this week with the CASology Challenge cue card : White. At first I thought of a white wedding but wasn't particularly pleased with the result so changed direction and tried an all white card using texture to break up the whiteness, better result I think. Having made the cards, the most difficult part was capturing a photo that actually makes the project look white! I ended up putting it on the garden table as the light indoors was just not good enough.

This is the card I will enter in the challenge.
Ingredients:
White 5inch square card
Scallop edged embossed frame (Craftwork Cards)
White glitter mesh fabric behind the aperture
Two white die cut flowers, the top one rolled over a pencil to add curl and a white candi (Craftwork Cards) added to the centre.
White ribbon tied in a bow.


For completeness I will also post the first attempt which I call "White Wedding".

Ingredients:
White cardstock from Craftwork Cards
White paper lace heart (Dovecraft : Tea Party)
3 sequin embellishments from stash
Stamp from FRCL036 Wedding Bliss by Woodware
Hearts on stamped imaged coloured with clear Sakura glitter pen



6 comments:

  1. Love the texture of the flower and the sparkle underneath! I'm glad you played along with CASology this week and I look forward to seeing more of your work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ardyth, appreciate the comments and I will be looking forward to tomorrow's new challenge.

      Delete
  2. Lovely white flower....glad you chose to share both tho' - it's interesting to see how minds work even when we are not always pleased with the results. No shopping so far but wine sampling at Chandon (champagne ) & Silver Oak yesterday + some delish Italian food last night :-D

    Sally

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Too true Sally, my mind goes in complete U turns .... often!
      Wine sampling sounds good to me as does Italian food, I'm sure you'll get to shop soon! Have a great weekend. J

      Delete
  3. both cards are lovely! thanks for playing along with CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both beautiful cards. Thank you so much for joining us this week at CASology!

    ReplyDelete